Paanch Phoran Taarkari (Mixed Vegetables Curry)
- 150 gm pumpkin (washed and diced)
- 2 potatoes (washed and diced)
- 1 large brinjal (washed and diced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon aniseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric power
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté all the spices (bay leaf, all seeds base spices).
- Stir-fry the spices, add the cut vegetables and mix well.
- Add the green chilies, sugar, salt, turmeric and mix thoroughly.
- Pour enough water and add milk to cook the vegetables.
- Simmer till vegetables are tender and the gravy becomes thick.
- Serve hot with Pooris or