Momo (Steamed Dumpling)
- 4 cups white flour
- 750 gm minced meat
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- Salt according
- Mix flour with 2 cups of water and knead in a stiff paste, roll out on a floured board till it is very thin.
- The rolled dough should be about 2 feet square.
- Cut in circle with the rim of tea cup.
- Place a circle of dough on your left hand, slightly stretch the edges and place about a teaspoon of filling in the
- Then with your right thumb and forefinger pleat the dough together over the centre of the meat, forming a pin-wheel design.
- Your left thumb is used to tuck the minced meat down as you go, and the dumpling turns on your palm as you pleat around it.
- A special steamer locally called "moktu" is required.
- Filled up dumplings are placed on oiled racks, slightly separated in the
- Bottom of the "moktu" is filled with water and steam the dumplings for 20-25 min.
- Momo is ready to serve.
- Serve Momo with meat/vegetable soup, and tomato pickles.