Mitha Khaja (dessert)
- 2 cups of
- 1 cup of jaggery
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Ghee (for
- Heat the water and soaked the jaggery, till it dissolves in water.
- Strain the jaggery water and cool.
- Mix the cardamom powder and ghee with the flour, knead the flour with the
- The dough should be stiff but pliable.
- Divide the dough in approx. 20 parts.
- Knead each with palm and roll in 4" round discs.
- Make many tiny slits with knife or fork on both sides.
- Keep them aside on a clean cloth for an hour to make it dry .
- Deep fry in hot ghee on shimmering flame, till it becomes light golden &
- The khajas will become crisper and harder as they cool.
- Store in airtight container after cooling completely.