Misa Machh Poora (Grilled Shrimps)
- 3 cup shrimps (shelled and de-veined)
- 1 large onion (cut in small pieces)
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 10-12 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-2 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the shelled shrimps with salt and turmeric powder & Keep aside.
- In a medium-size pan add half cup of water, the coriander and peppercorns and bring the water to the
- Add the shrimps and cook for 2-3 min.
- Then drain the water and add the oil.
- Turn the shrimps in a shallow flame-proof dish or a greased banana leaf.
- Spread the shrimps over the surface and wrapped it.
- Grill or roast upon open charcoal fire in wrapped banana leaves.
- Before serving pour the lemon juice on top of the shrimps.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.