Methi Matar Malai (Peas with fenugreek leaves & cream)
- 1/2 cup of cream or malai
- 1 bunch of methi
leaves (fenugreek leaves) (washed & chopped)
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 3-4 tablespoon ghee or
- Salt to taste
Grind to paste:
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2" piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon poppy
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon cashew
- 1-2 tablespoon plain
- 2-3 green chilies
- Take the salted hot water, immerse methi in this water for 5 minutes.
- Wash properly under running water and remove excess water with the help of a colander.
- Take a bowl and beat malai until it becomes smooth and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Add the spices paste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add powdered spices and salt to taste.
- Then add peas, methi leaves, malai and all other ingredients and stir it
- Boil it until gravy becomes thickens.
- Small amount of milk can be used, in case gravy is too thick.
- Malai Methi Matar is ready to serve.