Maansho Kasha (Hot & Spicy Mutton)
- 500 gm mutton (maansha)
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 3 medium size onions (piaja) (chopped)
- 40 gm ginger (ada)
- 1 medium size whole garlic (rasuna)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
powder (haladi gunda)
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder (lanka
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 inches long cinnamon
- 3 small cardamoms (aleicha
- 100 gm mustard oil (sorisha
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste (luna)
- Make a smooth paste with grinding the onions, garlic and ginger.
- Wash, peel off and cut the potatoes into halves and semi-fry the same in a frying pan with a little mustard oil.
- Crush the cinnamon and cardamoms and keep separately.
- Heat the mustard oil in pressure cooker, add 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- When the sugar gets heated and turns golden brown add the spices paste immediately and go on stirring.
- Now add the turmeric powder, bay leaf and red chilly powder and mix well.
- Add a little hot water.
- When the water dries out and oil begins to appear from out of the spices almost after 10 minutes, add mutton add salt ad mix well.
- Add the crushed cinnamon and cardamom (garam masala) and the semi-fried potatoes and half a cup of water.
- Put the lid tightly of pressure cooker and cook it for almost 10 minutes on low – medium flame
until its done.
- Maansho Kasha is ready.