For wheat flour dough:
- 1.5 cup of whole
(Littis are more crunchy if make from white flour)
- 1 cup yogurt
(Make dough from wheat flour using only yogurt, without any water. The dough
be soft and properly kneaded. Keep aside with cover.)
- 1 cup of Sattu
(a special gram flour)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2-3 Green chilies
- ½ cup of Coriander
leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp
- 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp Carom
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp Mircha
achar masala (fillings from the red chili pickle)
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the stuffing’s ingredients with sattu together nicely.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to make the stuffing moist and easy to stuff.
- Now make 7-8 balls from the wheat flour dough.
- Dust each ball with dry wheat flour and make a patty roughly 2.5" to 3"
diameter in size with hand.
- Stuff 2 to 3 teaspoon mixture of sattu & stuffing in the center of the
patty and close it from all sides.
- When all the littis are stuffed, pre-heat the oven and put all the litties
on a foil and bake until brown
or black spots appear one the side of littis.
- Then turn over the littis and bake for few more minutes until other side
is brown as well.
- Take out and dip in pure ghee or butter and serve with