Laksa Stock (A type of Fish preparation)
- 600 gm Flaked (ikan kembong) (grilled macrele fish)
- 1 cup of tamarind pulp
- 3-4 stalks Daun kesum (polygonum) (A type of herb)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 4 liters of water
- For garnishing (shredded cucumber, lettuce,
pineapple, big onion
slices and green
- Few mint leaves
- 30 fresh shallots
- 1 teaspoon belacan granules (prawn paste)
- 2 stalks Lemon grass
- 10 dried chilies
- 10 fresh chilies
- 1.5 cm Lengkuas or ginger
(a type of herb, like ginger)
- 0.5 cm piece fresh turmeric
- Mix water with tamarind pulp and strain.
- Bring tamarind water to boil.
- Put in spices paste and daun kesom.
- Add salt and sugar to taste and simmer for 20 min.
- Put in flaked fish, stir well and remove from fire.
- Add a few mint leaves and sprinkle some finely chopped ginger and add a tablespoon of shrimp paste (har
- Serve the stock with laksa noodles and garnish with shredded cucumber, lettuce, pineapple, big onions and