Kulath ki Dal (Spicy Lentil)
- 300 gm Mandua Kulath (A special type of cereal available only in Garhwal
and Kumaon Region. Alternative: Beans)
- 50 gm rice flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 4-5 flakes garlic
- 1 tsp red chill powder
- 50 gm butter
- 20 gm ginger
- A pinch of asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Gandhreni small piece
- Soak the dal in water for half an hour.
- Boil the dal with double amount of water the amount of dal.
- Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander and half of the chilly powder and salt.
- When done, add rice paste and cook it for 5-7 min.
- Add cumin seeds, Asafetida, gandhreni
and rest of the chilly powder.
- Garnish the dal with lots of butter and
- Serve spicy, hot Kulath ki dal with