Kharisar Machh (Fermented Bamboo Shoot with fish)
- 5-6 fish pieces (dressed and washed)
- 2 potatoes (boiled)
- 4 tablespoon kharisa (dried and grounded
soft bamboo shoot)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 50 gm mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Lemon pieces for garnishing
- Marinate the fish pieces with a pinch of turmeric and salt.
- Mash the boiled potatoes & mix with hot water and turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the fish lightly.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the fenugreek seeds
- Add potato mixture and kharisa, salt, sugar and let it boil.
- Add pre-fried fish pieces and cook it for 15 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, remove from gas.
- Garnish with lemon pieces and serve it.