Kashmiri Dum Alu
- 500 gm small-sized
- 5-6 dried kashmiri
- 2 cups of yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 2 tablespoon fennel powder
- A pinch of clove
- A pinch of
- 1/2 cup of mustard
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon
garam masala powder
- Peel the potatoes and prick them all over with the help of a fork, keep in
salted water for 15-20 min.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes on medium flame till golden brown.
- Make a paste of dried kashmiri red chilies.
- Whisk the yogurt with kashmiri red chili paste, cardamom powder, dry
ginger powder and fennel powder.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan sauté the asafoetida and clove powder.
- Add half a cup of water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the yogurt mixture and bring it to a boil.
- Add fried potatoes and cook till the potatoes absorb the gravy and oil
floats on top.
- Remove from gas & garnished with freshly roasted cumin powder and garam
- Serve hot with