Kancha Kadali Bara (Spicy Plantains Cake)
- 2 plantains (kancha kadali)
- 4 potatoes (aalu)
- 3 tablespoon gram-flour (besan)
- 1 onion (piaja) (chopped)
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut (nadia
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (lanka
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania
- 100 gm vegetable oil (rifaain tela)
- Salt to taste (luna)
- Properly wash the plantains and potatoes well.
- Put it in a pressure cooker with water and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After that peel the skin of the plantains and potatoes and mash them well.
- Now add gram-flour, chopped green chilies, chopped onion, chili powder, coriander leaves, grated coconut and salt to taste, mix
- Make a smooth dough.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, make kebabs from the dough and shallow-fry them.
- Serve hot.
Note: Also try the recipe without the use of gram-flour (besan).