Kakara (A type of sweet Rice-flour & Coconut Cake)
(Special Festival dish)
- 1 cup of Rice
- 2 cup of Jaggery or
- 1 cup of
- 1 medium size
- 1 teaspoon
black peeper powder
- Refine oil or
- Salt to taste
- Heat the pan, take the grated coconut, mix with black peeper and one cup
jaggery and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Divide it into 20 parts.
- Take the other cup of jaggery and salt, add 3 cups of water to it.
- When the water comes to 2/3 boils add the rice flour and flour to it and
cook it for 5 minutes over low flames.
- Smash the dough.
- Divide this dough into 20 parts.
- Inside each part of dough put the coconut stuffing and make a shape of
- Heat oil or ghee and deep fry the kakara.
- Enjoy it.