Kafuli (a spicy dish of Spinach &
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 1/2 bunch fenugreek leaves
- 4-5 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon rice powder
- 2 tablespoon curd
- 1-2 cups of Water
- 2-3 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash spinach and fenugreek leaves in running water.
- After washing, chop and boil both vegetables along with green chilies in a little water till it tender.
- Mash into a paste using a blender.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, sauté the garlic and ginger.
- When the garlic turns light brown, add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Add mashed vegetables, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add required amount of water to Kafuli and bring to boil.
- Now add rice powder dissolved in water.
- Cover and cook for about 8- 10 minutes on simmer till the gravy is thick (if dry add some
water and boil).
- Garnish with pure ghee and serve hot with roti or