Kafuli (a spicy dish of Spinach & Methi)
Kafuli (a spicy dish of Spinach &
- Wash spinach and fenugreek leaves in running water.
- After washing, chop and boil both vegetables along with green chilies in a little water till it tender.
- Mash into a paste using a blender.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, sauté the garlic and ginger.
- When the garlic turns light brown, add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Add mashed vegetables, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add required amount of water to Kafuli and bring to boil.
- Now add rice powder dissolved in water.
- Cover and cook for about 8- 10 minutes on simmer till the gravy is thick (if dry add some
water and boil).
- Garnish with pure ghee and serve hot with roti or
Leave a Reply