Hot chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of prepared hot chocolate (your favorite kind)
- 2-3 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until very thick; the batter should fall from the beaters in a thick
ribbon, Beat in the vanilla.
- While you’re beating the eggs and sugar, heat the hot chocolate and butter in a small saucepan to just simmering.
- Add the hot chocolate mixture to the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream as you continue beating.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, stirring until they’re mixed.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 9 inch cake round.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the cake is a deep golden brown and starting to
pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool it in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the sides of the pan.
- Enjoy chocolate cake with vanilla Ice cream.