Gosht aur Mirchon ka Salan (Mutton curry with
- 10 large green chilies
- 500 gm mutton (cut in cubed) (washed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon kalonji
- 1 cup of coriander leaves
- 100 gm mustard oil
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for paste:
- 1/2 cup of tamarind pulp
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon aniseeds (roasted)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger–garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (roasted)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- Grind all the ingredients for paste and keep aside.
- Marinate the mutton with the ground masala and salt for 30 minutes.
- Heat the 5 tablespoon of oil in a pressures cooker, sauté cumin and kalonji.
- Then add the marinated mutton, fry it till masala and oil are separate.
- Add 2 cups of hot water, close the pressure cooker and cook it till the meat is done.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry whole silted chilies till soft, add to the meat and simmer.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice.