Goan Fish Curry
- 5-6 fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 dried hot chili peppers (dried capsicum)
- 3 fresh hot green chili peppers (green capsicum)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 cups of freshly grated coconut
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2-3 tablespoon tamarind juice
- Chopped flesh from 1/2 lime or lemon
- 3 tomatoes (peeled)
- Salt according to taste
- Marinate the fish fillets with the turmeric, a little salt,
and the lemon
juice & leave for few hours.
- Grind all the spices (seeded red chili peppers, cumin, coriander seeds,
peppercorns, garlic, ginger and coconut) and make a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the onion and fry it until brown.
- Add the spices paste and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add a cup of boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now put the marinated fish fillet, tamarind juice, flesh of lime and cook it for
10-15 min in a medium flame with cover.
- Just at the very end, add the chopped tomatoes and seeded green chili peppers
and stir it properly.
- Enjoy the Goan fish curry.