Fish Kolhapuri (Fish curry in Maharashtra style)
- 1 kg Fish fillet
- 2 cups of
- 1 cup of chopped
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoon grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon red
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5-6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon
black pepper (crushed)
- 50 gm mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
for garnishing (optional)
- Mix yogurt with turmeric, chili powder, garlic paste, salt and lemon juice
and marinate the fish fillet in the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, black
pepper and onions.
- Fry all till onions becomes soft, add coconut and cook it till light
- Add tomatoes and cook it till the excess water dries.
- Blend the whole mixture in a mixi and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the fish & stir fry over high heat.
- Add the ground paste and simmer until the fish is properly cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with