Fish Fried Rice
- 500 gm Fish (wash & cut in small pieces)
- 2 cups of long grained rice
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2-3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice and soak it in cold water for at least 1 hour.
- Make a paste with coriander, cumin, turmeric, fenugreek and ginger together.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and fry the spices mixture for a min.
- Place the fish in the pan, stir it without breaking the pieces.
- Cover the pan and allow the fish to cook in its own steam for 5 min.
- Remove the fish carefully with a fish slice and keep them warm.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onions with the bay leaf till it brown.
- Drain the rice and add to the onions.
- Mix the coconut and lemon juice in the rice and fry lightly for a min.
- Pour a cup of water into the pan and add pre-cooked fish and bring it to boil, pour this water into the rice mixture.
- Add extra warm water, just enough for the rice to simmer and cook it till it is done.
- Turn the rice out on a serving plate and arrange the cooked fish pieces on top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and Enjoy it.