- 1 kg fish (cut in medium sized fillet)
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 gm gram flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3-4 red chillies (chopped)
- 1 tseapoon baking powder
- 1 cup of chilled Iced water
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the fish fillets with lemon juice, ginger, black pepper and
salt for half an hour.
- After that remove the fish from the marinade and pat dry.
- Make thick and tight batter with gram flour, ginger-garlic paste, carom
seeds, chili powder, baking powder, salt to taste, and chilled water.
- Coat the fish with the batter and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the batter coated fish till golden brown.
- Keep all the fries in a paper napkin.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.