Dum Vindi (Spicy Okra)
- 500 gm Vindi/ Okra (medium size)
- 250 gm tomatoes
- 150 gm capsicum
- 2 large onions
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 150 gm mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the bhindi and dry well, cut off the top and keep aside.
- Chopped the onions, capsicum and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the okras, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the chopped onions till they turn to a golden pink colour.
- Then add tomatoes and capsicum and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried okras, salt, chili powder and turmeric powder, and mix well.
- Put the lid on the pan, seal with wheat dough and place some live charcoal on top.
- Put the kadhai on a very slow flame or slow charcoal fire and cook for 15 minutes.
- When done, keep it in a serving dish and serve hot with Roti.