Dalma (Mix vegetable curry with Pigeon pea)
- 100 gm pigeon pea (arhar dal) (harada dali)
- 50 gm raw papaya (kancha
- 50 gm striped pear gourd
- 50 gm potato (alu)
- 1 big onion (chopped)
- 3-5 dried red chili (sukhila
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves (teja
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haladi
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (lanka
- 3 teaspoon mustard oil (sorisha
- Salt to taste (luna)
- Wash the vegetables properly and cut them into small pieces.
- Put arhar dal, all vegetables, salt, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 3 to 4 cups of water in a Pressure Cooker and put it on
- After a whistle turn off the gas.
- After a while as the pressure of the cooker comes down, open the lid.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, bay leaves, chopped onions and 3-4 dried chilies.
- Fry till they turn golden, now add pre-boiled dal and vegetables and stir well.
- Add cumin powder and chili powder and mix properly.
- Close the lid and heat further for 2 minutes.
- Dalma is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot with Plain rice or