Dahi Alu (Potato with Curd)
- 500 gm potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 3-4 green chilies
- 2 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1-2 tablespoon coriander
- Salt according
- Break the pre-boiled potatoes, by holding each in the palm of your hand and closing the
fist, keep these unevenly broken potatoes aside until further use.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the cumin splutters, add ginger and sauté till slightly fried.
- Add 1 tablespoon of yogurt at a time, stir vigorously until all of it blended
properly in low flame.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder, salt, turmeric and chili powder, stir a few times until well mixed, add potatoes and green
chilies, turn around over high heat, until they look slightly fried.
- Add 2 cups of water, bring the mixture to boil for 15 minutes in a simmer
- When gravy becomes thick, garnished with coriander leaves and serve hot.