Chicken Seek Kebab
- 500 gm minced chicken
- 2 large garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger (peeled and finely minced)
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 2-3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fresh, chopped cilantro leaves
- Some skewers (metal or wooden)
- Lemon or lime wedges for garnishing
- Vegetable oil for basting
Note: If you are using wooden skewers, they need to soak in water for 30 minutes so they will not burn.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients (except the oil for basting and the lemon/lime wedges) and refrigerate
for 1-2 hour.
- Then divide the mixture into equal portions (18-20) and spread each portion onto a skewer creating a uniformly flattened shape around
- Brush them with a little of oil.
- Grill the kebabs on an outdoor barbeque grill or an indoor grill pan until done.
- (You can also use an oven, just preheat to 350 deg F and place the skewers on a foil lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes until
- Garnish with lemon or lime wedges and serve with delicious fresh cilantro or