- 1 kg chicken (dressed & cut in medium cubed)
- 2 cups of yogurt
- 250 gm tomato (chopped)
- 50 gm ground almonds
- 2 big onions (cut in sliced)
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1-2 crushed bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cardamom
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 100 gm butter
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4-5 tablespoon cream
- Salt to taste
- Mix the yogurt with ground almonds, all the dry spices, ginger-garlic
paste, tomatoes and salt.
- Put the chicken cubes in a large bowl and pour the yogurt mixture over
- the chicken cubes and keep aside for an hour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan, saute the onions and fry for few min.
- Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 8-10 min.
- Pour the cream and stir it well and let it boil.
- When chicken becomes tender and gravy becomes thick, remove from gas.
- Serve Butter chicken with Plain rice or Rumali roti.