Bisi-Bele Bhat (Spicy mixed rice)
- 1 cup of Basmati rice
- 2 cups of tuar dal
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (carrot,
capsicum, potato and
green peas) (cut in fine pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 2-3 dried red chili
- 2 tablespoon curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 1 teaspoon khus-khus
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon whole coriander
- 1/2 cup of tamarind pulp
- 4 tablespoon of mustard oil
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- Salt according to taste
- Wash the rice and dal properly and keep aside.
- Roasted all the spices (red chili, coriander, khus-khus, urad dal, chana dal) and make powder.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan, sauté the mustard seeds, curry leaves and
- Add water, turmeric powder, vegetables and tuar dal and cook it for few min.
- When the vegetables and dal is half cooked, add rice, tamarind pulp, salt and
roasted spices powder, mix well and cook until done.
- Serve Bisi-bele bhat with pure ghee.