Bamboo Shoot Fry
- One-foot long Tender bamboo shoot
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3-4 dried red chilies
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Scale off the hard exterior of the bamboo shoot, wash and cut into small pieces.
- Add the baking soda and mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the fenugreek seeds and red dry chilies and add salt to taste.
- Put the bamboo shoot into the pan and cook on a low fire.
- When the bamboo shoot dries up, add 2-3 tablespoon of water, stir well.
- Serve hot and crisp bamboo shoot fry.