Baanhor Chungat Machh (Fish in Bamboo Hollow)
- 5-6 boneless fish pieces (dressed and washed)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2-3 green chilies (slited)
- 50 gm mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tender bamboo hollow (washed)
- 1 banana leaf (washed)
- 1/2 cup of chopped corinder leaves
- In a bowl mix the fish with chopped garlic, slited green chilies, 2 tablespoon
mustard oil and salt.
- Fill the bamboo hollow with the fish mixture and seal with banana leaf.
- Place the bamboo hollow over the charcoal fire.
- Rotate the bamboo hollow from the time time till it is evently burnt.
- Place it for cooling and slit open the bamboo hollow.
- Add chopped onion, grated ginger and mustard oil with the cooked fish and
- Enjoy as a side dish with plain rice.