Arisa Pitha (Rice Cake)
- Soak the rice in water about 2 to 3 hours, after that wash it with water
and then drain all the water.
- Keep the rice in room temperature to dry about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Grind it to make a semi-rough powder.
- Heat 1/2 cup of water and add 1 cup of sugar to make the sugar syrup (the
syrup should be consistent).
- Slowly add 2 cups of rice powder to the syrup and stir continuously to
form a batter.
- Take the batter in small portions and flatten the same with the help of
your palms in the shape of small thick puri.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the thick puris in oil till they become golden
- Take them out and serve hot.
Note: The pitha also tastes great when served after
cooling. A hard pitha may also be preserved in room temperature about two weeks.