Akki Roti (Spicy bread)
- 2 cups of Rice flour (Akki hittu)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (kothumbari soppu)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Vegetable oil (for roasting)
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients with a little oil in warm water.
- Knead well to make soft dough.
- Grease your hands and take a lemon sized ball of the dough and pat to form thick
- Heat a pan and lace the prepared roti on it.
- Make 3-4 holes in the rotis and pour few drops of oil in each hole.
- Cook both sides till golden brown.
- Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
- Ragi Roti can be made with the same procedure by replacing rice flour with ragi flour.
- Grated vegetables like carrots and cabbage can also be add while making the dough.