Jhal Suji / Upma / Semolina with vegetables
- 200 gm Suji (semolina)
100 gm boiled mixed vegetables (carrot,
French beans, cauliflower,
capsicum ) chopped in fine pieces
- 25 gm cashew nut
- 25 gm raisins
- 1/2-cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped green chili
- 10-12 curry leaves
- Whole garam masala
- 3-cup lukewarm water
Salt and sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup grated coconut for garnishing
Heat ghee in a pan and fry the semolina in low flame till brown with continuous stirring
otherwise the semolina will be over heated.
- Keeps aside the fried semolina.
- Then fry the boiled vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and sauté the dry garam masala & curry leaves.
- Then add chopped onion, chopped ginger, chili, cashew nut, and raisins and fry it 2 min.
- Add pre-fried semolina / suji and mix well.
- Add water and salt & sugar to taste.
- Cooked it for 5 min without any cover.
- Upma is ready.
- Garnish it with grated coconut and serve it hot.