- 300 gm Basmati rice
- 100 gm sugar
- 50 gm cashew nuts (chopped)
- 50 gm raisins (soak in water)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder (dalchini)
- 2 teaspoon nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter)
- Boil the water and add rice and half cook it.
- Drain the water and spread the half-cooked rice in a broad and flat utensil
- Take half cup of milk and mixed the saffron in it and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add bay leaf for sauté.
- Add pre-cooked rice and fry it well.
- Add cinnamon-nutmeg powder, cashew, raisins, salt, sugar and mix properly.
- Add saffron milk and cook it for 10 min in a low flame with cover.
- When the rice becomes soft, turn off the gas.
- Enjoy Sweet pulao with Masala crab or
Masala prawn or chicken curry.