1kg Basmati Rice
250 gm mixed vegetables (carrot,
green beans, cauliflower,
capsicum) chopped in fine pieces
- 200 gm Ghee (clarified butter)
- 50 gm cashew nut (washed)
- 50 gm raisins (washed)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4-5 Cloves
- 4-5 Cinnamons
- 5-6 Green Cardamoms
- 1/2 cup refined oil
- 1/2 cup Rose water
Salt and Sugar according to taste
- First clean the Rice and rinse it properly.
- Half cook it.
- Drain the water and dry the rice in a broad and flat based utensil.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mixed vegetables & dry fruits.
- Keep aside the fried vegetables.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and sauté all the dry spices (bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom).
- When the spices are become brown add the half cooked Rice.
- Add all the fried vegetables.
- Add salt and sugar according to taste.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoon of Rose water and cooked the whole preparation for 5-10 minute with cover.
- The Pulao is ready.
- Serve it with Chicken curry (if non-veg) or any preparation of paneer (if veg).