Pulao with Cabbage & Coconut
- 500 gm scented basmati rice (long grain)
- 2 cups of chopped cabbage
- A cup of grated coconut
- 25 gm cashew nuts
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 big onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon whole garam masala (1″ cinnamon, 3-4
cloves, 2 black
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 5-6 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice properly and soak in a water for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, sauté the crushed whole garam masala, bay leaf.
- Add chopped onion and cook it for few min.
- Add cabbage, coconut, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric-chili powder, cashew nuts, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add 4 cups of hot water and close the pressure cooker.
- After a whistle remove from gas and after few min open the lid.
- Sprinkle lime juice and Enjoy Pulao.