Paneer Matar Pulao
- 300 gm Basmati rice
- 200 gm paneer (cut in medium cubes)
- 100 gm green peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (whole)
- 2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
- 1 teaspoon mace powder
- 3 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 cup of ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt and sugar according to taste
- Wash the rice properly and soak in cold water for an hour.
- After an hour drain the water and dry the rice in a paper to soak the excess water.
- Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the paneer.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add bay leaf, garam masala and cumin seed for sauté.
- Add the dried rice and fry the rice in a low flame.
- Add green peas and salt to taste and water & cook it for 10 min.
- When the rice is half cooked, add pre-fried paneer cubes, salt to taste and cook it.
- After 5-10 min, when the rice becomes soft, add nutmeg powder, mace powder and mix well.
- Add ghee and mix properly in a low flame.
- Serve the Paneer matar pulao with Paneer curry or Chicken curry.