- 500 gm basmati rice
(scented rice) (washed)
- A big bowl of mixed fine cut vegetables (Carrot,
- 50 gm cashew nuts
- A cup of grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2-3 green chilies
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup of coriander
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the mustard seeds, green chilies, hing, garam masala, turmeric powder and red
- Add the vegetables and fry till light brown.
- Then add pre- washed rice and fry for few min.
- Add sufficient amount of water & allow the rice to get boiled.
- When the rice is totally cooked, add grated coconut and coriander leaves and mix it with rice.
- Serve hot.