- 500 gm Basmati Rice
- 3-4 Lemon (juice)
- 4-5 green chilli (chopped)
- 1-teaspoon rai (black mustard seeds)
- 1-teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter)
- 1-tablespoon sugar
- Salt according to taste
- Basil &
Parsley leave for garnishing (chopped)
- First clean the rice and rinse properly & half cook it.
- Drain the water & dry the rice in a broad and flat based utensil.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, give the rai, ginger and green chilli for sauté.
- Add pre-cooked rice, salt and sugar to taste.
- Mix well and cook it for 10 min in low flame with cover.
- Add lemon juice and mix the rice properly.
- Garnish the rice with basil & parsley leave.
- Serve the Lemon rice with Chicken
kassa or Mutton