Khichuri/ Khichdi (an Indian dish of rice and dal with
250 gms. Basmati rice or Scented rice
- 250 gms. mung dal
- 150 gms boiled vegetables (potato,
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-2 bay leaf
- 2-3 red dry chili
- 2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- Wash rice & dal in two different pan.
- Boil the rice .
- When rice becomes half cooked then add the dal.
- Now rice & dal are prepared, and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan & add cumin seeds, red dry chili, bay leaf,
- Then add ginger paste.
- Add the boiled vegetables & sauté with this spices.
- Mix this mixture with rice-dal preparation, also add turmeric, cumin, coriander powder.
- Add salt & sugar according to taste.
- Kichuri is prepared. Serve it hot.