- 500 gm Basmati Rice
- 150 gm onion (cut into slices)
- 1-teaspoon of cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2-3 dried red chilli
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt according to taste
- First clean the rice and rinse properly & half cook it.
- Drain the water & dry the rice in a broad and flat based utensil.
- Heat the oil in a pan, give the chilli and cumin seeds for sauté.
- Add onion slices & fry it.
- When the onion becomes light brown add pre-cooked rice.
- Add salt and stir it properly.
- The Jeera rice is ready.
- Enjoy the dish with Dum
Paneer / Rajma curry
or Chingri maccher malaikari.