Ilisher Moti Pulao (Pulao with hilsha balls)
Ingredients of moti:
- 500 gm hilsha fish (big pieces) (washed)
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- Salt according to taste
- Mustard oil for deep frying
- 300 gm Basmati rice (soak in water for an hour)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 cardamom
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 tablespoon sahi jeera (whole)
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 100 gm ghee (clarified butter)
- 4 cups of water
Preparation of moti:
- Boil the water with a pinch of salt and add fish pieces.
- When fish becomes soft, drain the water and keep the fish aside.
- After few min, make the fish boneless.
- Take boneless fish, corn flour, pepper powder and salt to taste & makes a tight dough.
- Heat the oil in a pan, make some small balls from fish dough and deep fry.
- Keep aside the fried fish balls.
Preparation of Pulao:
- Drain the water and wash the rice properly and keep it on a board flat utensil.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the bay leaves, sahi jeera, cardamom-cloves.
- When water comes to boil, add pre-washed dry rice, salt & sugar to taste.
- Cook it for 10-15 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When rice becomes half cooked add pre-fried balls and cook it for some time.
- Moti pulao is ready to serve.