Gobi ka paratha (cauliflower stuffed Indian bread)
- 4 cups wheat
- 225 gms.
- 2 small onions
(finely chopped )
- 4 tablespoons
coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 green chilies
(de-seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime
- 2 tablespoons margarine or oil
- water (for kneading)
- ghee or
oil (for shallow frying)
according to taste
- Clean, wash and grate cauliflower.
- Place in a bowl and pour hot water & leave for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the water out. Add lime juice, chili, 1 tsp salt, coriander,
onions and ginger.
- Mix well, divide into 12 parts.
- Sift wheat flour with 1 tsp salt.
- Rub in margarine and slowly add water and make a soft dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide into 12 round balls, roll out each into a round disc of 4"
- Place 1 portion of cauliflower mixture on each side, close up bringing the
sides together carefully, shape into ball again.
- Place each ball on a floured board and roll out into 5" diameter.
- Smear with ghee or oil, one at a time and sallow fry on a hot griddle
until both sides are golden-brown in colour.
- Serve Gobi Paratha with
Chili pickle or