- 2 cups of Basmati (long grain) Rice
- 8 big eggs (hard boiled) (prick the eggs with a fork )
- 1 big onion (finely chopped)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1″ cinnamon stick
- 1 black cardamom
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of ghee
- 2 tablespoon fresh, chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 tomatoes for garnishing (cut in thick slices)
- Wash the rice properly, drain all the water and soak in a clean water for half an hour.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan, sauté the bay leaves, cinnamon and cardamoms and fry till golden.
- Add onions and garlic and fry it properly.
- Add the eggs and fry it well.
- Add turmeric-chili powder and fry for 5-6 min.
- Add pre-soaked rice (without water) and stir slowly and carefully for 5 min
- Pour 2 cups of hot water and salt to taste, and cook in a medium heat until the rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and stir it properly.
- Garnish Egg-biriyani with chopped coriander and tomato slices.
- Enjoy it.