- 2 cups of basmati rice
For grinding Spices:
- A cup of fresh coriander leaves
- 5-6 green chilies
- 4 small onions
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- A small piece of coconut
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 small onion (chopped)
- 1″ cinnamon (crushed)
- 2 cloves (crushed)
- 50 gm cashew nuts (chopped)
- 5-6 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice for half an hour.
- Make a fine paste with ground spices and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry onions till crisp and take this out.
- Fry cashew nuts till light brown, take this out & keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the bay leaf, crushed cinnamon, clove, cumin seeds.
- Add ground spices and stir for 3-4 min.
- Add pre-washed rice and fry with spices for few min.
- Add 3 cups of water, sugar, salt to taste and bring to boil.
- Stir gently with spatula, cover and cook till all water evaporates and rice becomes tender.
- Remove from gas and garnish with pre-fried onion and cashew nuts.
- Serve hot.