- 2 cups of rice
- 4 capsicums (medium sized) (washed & cut in medium dice)
- 2 tablespoon grated dried coconut
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of fresh, chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black gram
- 1 teaspoon Bengal
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 tablespoon curry leaves
- 8-10 cashew
For powder Spices:
- 5 dried red chilies
- 1" piece cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon black gram
- 2 teaspoon Bengal
- Roast all the spices for powder and make a fine powder and keep in a air tight bottle.
- Cook the rice in bowling water till tender and nearly cooked.
- Drain the water and allow to cool by spreading over a plate (each grain should remain separate).
- Mix a teaspoon of oil to the rice so that the grains are separated well.
- Heat oil and add seasoning spices and fry till golden brown in colour.
- Add diced capsicums and fry till becomes soft.
- Lower the flame and add grated dried coconut.
- Fry till light brown and then add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add cooked rice to this and fry till rice becomes hot.
- Add powdered spices and mix well and cooked until done.
- Squeeze lemon juice at last and remove from gas.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Note: If cooking in pressure cooker add 4 cups of water for 2 cups of rice.