- 500 gm white flour
- 100 gm butter
- 50 gm ghee (clarified butter)
- 50 gm east
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 liter full cream milk
- 4-5 tablespoon yogurt (plain curd)
- 1 teaspoon kalonji (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Boil the milk, when it becomes thick, collect the cream and keep aside.
- Let it cool.
- Kneed a tight dough with white flour, east, baking soda, yogurt, sugar, salt, kalonji, milk cream and thick milk.
- Keep the dough for half an hour wrapped with a wet muslin cloth.
- After an hour again kneed a dough for 1 min.
- When the dough becomes firm, divided into 5-6 parts.
- Roll each piece into 8 inch round naans.
- Brush the Naan with a little ghee.
- Baked the nans in a tawa until puffed and just browned.
- Enjoy the Butter Nun with any Chicken or Mutton recipe.