- 250 gm scented gobindo-bhog rice
- 250 gm mung dal (sona mug dal)
- 100 gm rainsins (washed)
- 100 gm cashew nut
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 dried red chilli
- 2-3 green chilli
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 100 gm sugar
- Salt according to taste
- 1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter)
- Wash rice & dal in two different pan.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add bay leaf, cumin seeds, dried red chilli for saute.
- Then fry the cashew nuts and raisins.
- Add rice and dal and fry it properly.
- Add ginger paste, turmeric powder, green chilli, sugar and salt to taste & mix it properly.
- Add 4 cup of water and cook it in a low flame with cover.
- Stir it continue until its become dry.
- Bhuna kichuri is ready to serve with Fried brinjal and Fried potato.