Alu ke Parathe (potato stuffed Indian bread)
Alu ke Parathe (Indian bread stuffed with potato)
- Boil the potatoes, drain the water and smash it.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute he chopped onion and fry it well.
- Add ginger paste, green chili, smashed potato, coriander leaves, cumin powder
and salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients properly, remove from gas and add lemon juice.
- Mix wheat flour with 1 tsp salt.
- Mix the ghee and slowly add water and make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide in 12 round balls, roll out each ball in a round disc of 4″ diameter.
- Place 1 portion of potato mixture, close the disc bringing the sides together
- Place each ball on a floured board and roll out a disc of 5″ diameter.
- Smear with ghee, sallow fry on a hot griddle until both sides are
golden-brown in colour.
- Serve hot Alu ke Parathe with yogurt .
Leave a Reply