Shahi machh (Shahi fish, fish with spicy gravy and garam masala)
- 500 gm rohu fish pieces (dressed & washed)
- 100 gm yoghurt (plain card)
- 100 gm onion (paste)
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt and sugar according to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water
- 2 green chili
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves (chopped)
- Marinate the fish pieces with turmeric powder & salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the fish pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric-chili powder
and fry properly.
- Add yoghurt, tomato puree, salt and sugar according to taste and fry the spices properly.
- Add water and pre-fried fish pieces & cook it for 15 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick and dense, sprinkle garam masala powder, chopped
coriander leave and green chili.
- Enjoy it.