Rui Machher Stew (rohu fish stew)
- 500 gm big pieces rohu fish (dressed and washed)
- 1 big bowl mix boil vegetables (potato,
- 4-5 baby onion
- 2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (plain curd)
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 3 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 cup of water
- Marinate the fish pieces with turmeric powder & salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the fish pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the cumin seed and bay leaf.
- Give the baby onion, chopped ginger and pre-boiled vegetables and fry properly.
- Add yoghurt, salt & sugar according to taste and water and cook it well.
- When the soup is boil, add pre-fried fish pieces and cook it 10 min in a low flame with cover.
- The preparation is ready, sprinkle garam masala and enjoy the stew with Plain rice or