Malai Pabda (Pabda fish with milk cream)
- 8 pabda fish (dressed & washed)
- 4 tablespoon poppy seed paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 teaspoon kalonji seeds
- 2-3 green chili
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt & sugar
according to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves (chopped)
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the fishes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the kalonji.
- Add ginger paste and fry it properly.
- Add poppy seed paste, turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste.
- When the spices are fried properly, add coconut milk and green chili.
- Add pre-fried fishes and cook it for 10-15 min in a low flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, turn off the gas.
- Sprinkle pepper powder, cream and coriander leaves and enjoy it.